Family

Family

Monday, 17 March 2014

Tales of an adventurer: Phyllo's vagrancy

I was bored lazying at work... busy like a slave at work and thats when Cae gave me the idea to write my char's story so here i come ^^





Where did everything started?
Even I wonder where and when… The earliest memory I have is when I woke up in an orphanage one day, I couldn’t remember a thing, not my name nor my age.
So I ended up taking the name of the orphanage as a last name and a ingredient for pastries that I liked as my first name, thus Phyllo Rastell was born.

Being an orphan in the slums of Ul’Dah had pros and cons; you learn to survive alone and to live with only what is necessary, however you also witness the worst parts people can show… robbery, murder and so on…
It’s easy to walk the path of self destruction with that setting, luckily, life made it otherwise for me since I met someone that taught me a lot; beliefs, creeds, values, bravery and even how to fight properly, not to defend myself but to defend others.

It was only natural for me to join the army, rather the Grand Company when I reached the proper age, judging by my appearance I’d say I was around 16 back then.
Everything went well until the Garlemald made it’s first notorious move since their battle with the Wyrm-king Midgarsomr.
Our small unit served as a link between Ul’dah’s Immortal Flames and Gridania’s Twin Adders and as the weeks, then months passed, I started to develop a relation with a Gridanian I had feelings for ever since my first task there.

That’s when Garlemald made it’s move and tried to attack one of Gridania’s outpost and for some unknown reason, she ended up branded as a spy for Garlemald, which I didn’t believed at first so I tried to flee with her… only to be caught up later and was given the order to execute her, I couldn’t make myself to do it even tho I got threatened to be killed to If I did not, but I made my mind up and started to raise my spear, ready to attack… and leaped on the captain, piercing his heart.
I could feel his hot blood gushing on my hands, the sight of this crimson liquid strangely made me exited, like it was thrilling to kill my own kin, my brethren, my comrade…
Second leap into the air, I used the threes around me to move at high speed, slaying one by one the ten men unit… I was no longer a man but a beast… a feral being that was seeking for blood… but it was only for a brief moment, a piercing pain stinged from my elbow, an arrow landed on my back, followed by a second then a third and lastly the fourth…

That’s when she sliced him with a sword, revealing her military skills… she really was a spy… I was such a fool…
My vision was blurry but I could still see what was happening, she took the bow of the soldier and put her sword in his hand, like it was his.
She slowly walked to me, ready to finish what little strength remained in me, more crimson coloured thick water flowed upon me… she had pierced her own heart with my spear, whispering “I’m so sorry…”

When reinforcement came, the situation was logic to them; she rebelled, killed all of us but me who managed to slay her though heavily wounded, my consciousness was already fading and never could deny their guesses.
That is how my 21th year or around ended…

I left the Company as soon as I could and roamed through the land as an adventurer and I believe you know the rest.

I might write the adventurer part another day but for now that's all ^^
I hope you liked it and that it makes you want to write your own "Tales of an adventurer" !

2 comments:

  1. 😢 Ooh! That is so sad! Brutal, but sad! She did love Phy, cuz she said she was sorry! Oke... where is my tissue! Boohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i've always like dark fantasy x)
    *hands a box of tissues*

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.