Here i am again to write the rest ^^
So i know that only Mikki and I know V1's story, so i had the idea to write it as a novel ^^
Just like ARR, each city have a different story, the one I'll write down is Ul'dah's.
No more water, it's only been three hours and I already have no water left!
Not being able to organize my stuff is not something new but.... Traveling in scortching lands of Thanalan without water is something that is extremely hard if not impossible......
I shook my gourd up and down, with the small hope that at least a little bit of water was remaining in it, but nope, only a lone drop fell on my tongue.
I gulped, disappointed and desperate, the only thing I could do now was waiting for the carriage to reach Ul'dah... and enduring the thirst.
The heat and fatigue made me doze off quite fast and even tho I woke up a few times, we finally reached the Jewel of the desert, Ul'dah; made of greatness, made of corruption.
As the noon sun was high, it's light was reflecting on the stone walls and painfully blinded me for a few seconds and I could open my eyes only when we had passed the Immense Gate of Thald.
I jumped of the side seat of the carriage to be able to have a better view at the city, The crowd was chatting loudly showing off their joy and happy go lucky minds, something that is characteristic of Ul'dah, people always seems rejoiceful, it is something that I missed quite a lot since I had left the city for Gridania a few years ago.
"Aaaah nothing like the feel of Ul'dah's sand under your feet"
Said an Elezen who was talking casually with other merchants.
The lalafell that don't even reach his knees replied with a grin.
"Except for Ul'dah's wine in your belly!
I let out a shy laugh as I look to the opposite direction and saw a group of lalafells laughing for some reason, judging by their clothes i'd say they belong to the high parts of Ul'dah's society.
A few meters further stood an hyur and an elezen trying to charm the cute merchant in front of them.
"If it's from you, I'd buy everything sweetie"
Says the hyur as she showed him a pretty good looking sword, she followed his lead.
"This one is most exquisite"
with a little smile on her face, she was actually the one charming them, so Ul'dah like, the con gets conned too, there's no escaping it.
Finally the carriage stopped and people started to get off it.
"It's been ages since i went to the market!"
As the hyur in front of me jumped off the carriage
I too walked and jumped off it, Took a slow look around trying to recognize the place when my heart skipped a beat and I heard a weird voice...
"Hear..."
Me- huh?
"Feel"
I looked up since the voice seemed to come from above
"Think"
I could only watch it why wide open eyes and my mouth opened as if my jaw was falling to the ground, the sky turned black with nefarious clouds flowing in circle like a maelstrom and balls of flames falling like shooting stars.
I was staring at the scenery in despair when a young voice exclaimed
"Look father! Fireworks!"
I turned toward them in a rush, ready to scream "this is no fireworks!" when i saw them, the blonde girl and her blonde muscled father looking toward the sky with smiles on their faces, why were they smiling? couldn't they feel the sense of danger?
I looked once again toward the sky...
All of it was gone, only fireworks like the girl said.
What was it? an halucination?
Anyway, the girl started to run while laughing as her father walked behind her with the typical smile a father has when he looks over his child having fun.
The other travelers started to get off the carriage one by one, one of them, a tall roegadyn took the time to stretch before jumping off, earning him the two lalafell that looked like clones behind him to glare at him like they were saying "come on, get off already", which he finally did, the three of them passed in front of me chatting casually, like nothing happened...
All those years must have started to drive me crazy I guess...
I started to walk aimlessely while a white haired guy accompagnying two girls laughed and said to them
"So, where in this marvelous cities does two lovely ladies like you lives?"
Gaaah, another one of those playboys... Whatever, I just kept walking when some music started to play, a really cheerful music.
A festival looking carriage was dragged by two chocobos while beautiful miqo'tes were dancing on it, followed by some kind of music band and an huge gobbue that was binded by magical devices which apparently was kept under control by the mage standing just in front of the gobbue.
All of this was escorted by small mechanical puppets walking like soldiers in a march.
"It's the first time I see one so closely... It's huge!"
"I don't wanna be here when that one goes out"
All I could do was stare at all this in amazement, with a smile on my face I looked at all the decorations, the people, all of it was so wonderfull, it was a truely amazing fair!
"Come and get your flowers! Flowers for all! Enjoy the festivities!"
And looked behind me to see who the person with that beautiful voice was and I was stunned, a beautiful miqo'te with silver hair was giving flowers with a radiant smile on her face, I was totally mersmerized by her when some hyur with glasses and neat clothes looked toward me and said
"What kept you?"
Me-what?
Did I even knew him? he doesn't look familiar tho... I was about to ask him the roegadyn from earlier walked toward him as he waved his hand, still followed by the twin lalafells.
The miqo'te waved to them, they apparently all are friends, the glasses guy talked to him once again.
"The parade is about to start, get ready at once."
"You got it!"
answered the roegadyn.
"As long as i'm here, everything will be fine."
The roegadyn started to walk off when a flower got handed to him, he watched it dumbfounded for a second.
The miqo'te and the two lalafells as well as a few children were all holding flowers and smiling to him.
"Take it, as a precaution."
Said the glasses guy.
"Oh.... I..."
The roegadyn took the flower in a shy manner as the glasses guy put his in his breast pocket and walked off
"Let us go."
The roegadyn wave shyly to the miqo'te and ran too, she started to look around, eventually walked toward the blonde girl from earlier and placed a flower in her hair, it looked like the flower was an ornament of her hat.
She blushed and said
"For me? really? thank you!"
"Pretty aren't they? now be a sweetie and make sure everybody get's one, ok?"
The girl gasped, then noded
"I will!"
The miqo'te waved at her then ran toward the parade's carriage and jumped from step by step on it's roof.
Everyone started to scream in joy, was she someone famous? or was is because she was dazzling?
As she started to dance a voice behind me stated;
"Aaah the famed songstress of Ul'dah! So flowers do grow in the desert."
.... That white haired playboy again... Oh well, now I know why everybody was so enthusiastic.
The festivities were truely at their peak when one of the mechanical puppet blowned in some kind of horn, the gobbue then slowly fell asleep, then he started to go berserk as the binding devices started to turn red and generate lightnings.
The mage noticed it and tryed to cast something to calm the beast down but only to be sent flying toward a wall by one of it's arm.
The glasses guy was the closest when this happened, he glared at the gobbue in shock
"This isn't normal!"
The gobbue started to break the carriage appart, slowly moving toward the dancing songstress.
"F'lhaminn! no!"
The glasses guy started to run toward her as the gobbue crashed her stage, sending her flying too.
Her took her in his arms.
"Lhaminn, are you alright?"
She was breathing heavily, that blow must have been quite painful but she still opened her eyes and showed fearful face as she shouted.
F'lhaminn- Niel! Look out!
The gobbue had started to run toward them as "Niel" stood in front of the gobbue, spreading his arm to protect F'lhaminn from the debris that went flying.
"Over here!"
The playboy ran between the gobbue and Niel, the first lost his focus on the duo and went after the playboy who waved his hand toward Niel, telling them to run, as the two escaped, the gobbue tried to attack the playboy but he rolled to dodge the attempt then run toward one of the tunnels.
The gobbue grabed one of the carriages and lift it over it's head.
"Oh god I hope I live to regret this!"
The playboy ran for his life and jumped to the ground to avoid the carriage that got thrown.
He soon got up and ran again, passing in front of me, I had no choice but to follow him to lure the monster far from the crowd.
Niel and F'lhaminn were watching from a distance, as they saw us fleeing Niel throw the flower he had in his pocket away and ran to catch up with us.
And surrounding him, we got in stance, ready to fight the beast.
The gobbue immediatly ran toward the playboy and tried to crush him under his hand but he dodged it and stabbed his wrist with his dagger, the monster growl in pain and i took the opportunity to stab his ribs with my spear, the monster's blood gushed in my eyes, blinding me for a few seconds, i wiped the blood off and he took the chance to kick me off to a bunch of crates.
Me-Guuh..
The pain was overwhelming, i tried to resist it and not to succomb to it and loose consciousness when a warm light made the pain dissapear.
Niel- Are you alright?
Me- Always!
I leaped again as the playboy had caught the gobbue's attention, I stabed his liver this time and the playboy did the same for his right eye.
The monster screamed once again before falling to the ground.
the playboy said with an annoyed smirk.
"The damn think seems rather taken with me, any idea why that light be?"
I chuckled and Niel just sighed as the monster rose again but ran away from us this time.
"And now our guest requests an encore! Come on!"
As he said so, the playboy chased the gobbue and i followed him, F'lhaminn ran to Niel, and he noded to her.
F'lhaminn- Let's go!
The four of us chased it, soon joined by the roegadyn and the twin lalafells
"You alright boss? What did i missed?"
Said the huge man as they caught up with us.
When we finally had reached the gobbue, he was rushing toward the girl from earlier, ready to crush her agaisnt the wall as his speed was too high for him to stop.
Her father jump toward her to protect her, the motion made the flowers in the basket to spread in the air as the gobbue smacked the wall, dying so pathetically, sending chunks of walls flying.
The flower were flowing in the air, everything seemed to be happening in slow motion, my vision started to blur and I started to loose my consciousness, I could faintly hear a woman singing as I fell to the ground.
Everything went white then...
More! More! I want more! ;-)
ReplyDeleteAhaha be patient ^^
ReplyDelete